Erosions Control And Habitat Capabilities For Steep Slopes
Vegetated Walls have a natural, attractive appearance that can also provide the benefits of erosion control and habitat. Complimented by our seeding and soil amendments, Ferguson Waterworks provides vegetated walls that fit your space and landscape.
Reinforced Soil Lifts
Reinforced Soil Lifts are just as the name implies. They have compacted courses of soil, typically around 1′ deep each. This form of Vegetated Wall incorporates geosynthetics to improve the shear strength of soil and allow for steeper slopes than would otherwise be possible. Often referred to as Reinforced Soil Slopes or RSS, this erosion control solution uses multiple engineered materials. Geogrid is for reinforcement and high-performance turf reinforcement mat is for fascia. However, many other options are available to address project-specific needs. While reinforced soil lifts are not capable of slopes as steep as a panel or modular block wall, this method allows for beautifully vegetated, easily installed steepened slopes.
- Vegetated steeped slopes
- Protection of steep slopes that experience high hydraulic shear stresses
- Rebuilding failed slopes
Features and Benefits
- Provide external stability: Hydraulic shear protection is provided by the surface treatment (i.e. may be very high)
- Provide internal stability: Addresses both veneer stability and global stability
- Can easily follow curves
- Accommodate differential settlement
- Many different fascia treatments are available
- Reinforcement may be varied depending on creep tolerance, height, etc.
- Cost-effective versus conventional walls
Geocell Retaining Walls
Design vegetated reinforced and gravity walls that retain structural integrity even in poor base conditions with Geocell Retaining Walls. The Geocell system’s open-celled terraces create a natural environment for sustainable vegetation and allow stormwater infiltration. Geocell walls conform well to landscape contours, are resistant to environmental degradation, and install 25-30% faster than MSE Block Walls.
- Vegetated & Non-Vegetated Walls
- Channel Structures
- Roadway Embankments
- Culvert Headwalls
- Terraced Landscape Walls
- Bioengineered Walls
Features and Benefits
- Supports a variety of vegetation for natural green aesthetics
- Available in green and tan fascial panels to blend with the surroundings and become invisible once vegetated
- Diverse design flexibility
- Keeps strength and accommodates settlement
- No heavy equipment is required
Get expert advice on our high-quality products.
Connect With An Expert Today
From solving challenging application issues to severe weather response, there is no better partner than Ferguson Waterworks. Let our past performance speak for itself.