PRETX ® Pretreatment System
Pretreatment for biofiltration systems
Pretreatment is a critical component to consider when designing biofiltration systems. In fact, the absence of a pretreatment system can allow large amounts of sediment and trash to clog the media and infiltration bed, thus decreasing the effectiveness and operating life of the system.
PRETX is a pretreatment system. It is optimal for locations that experience moderate to high trash and debris. As a result, both commercial areas and residential neighborhoods benefit. Made with pre-cast concrete, HDPE, and stainless steel, the systems are very resistant to winter weather and harsh chemicals. Furthermore, they both reduce and simplify critical maintenance visits required for biofiltration systems. Because of its accessible location, no special equipment is required to maintain the unit.
Three PRETX models are available to ensure an appropriate match for your biofiltration system:
- PRETX Curb: Captures edge of pavement runoff at a curb cut in lieu of a stone spreader
- PRETX Drop: For use as a drop-inlet configuration along a curb line and installed with a standard drop-inlet grate
- PRETX Inline: Used for subsurface inlet and outlet pipes
- Beneficial for biofiltration systems, rain gardens, bioswales, and more
- Multiple models available to fit your needs
- Maintenance is simple and utilizes standard vactor trucks
Get expert advice on our high-quality products.
Connect With An Expert Today
From solving challenging application issues to severe weather response, there is no better partner than Ferguson Waterworks. Let our past performance speak for itself.