PRETX ® Pretreatment System
Pretreatment for biofiltration systems
Pretreatment is a critical component to consider when designing biofiltration systems. The absence of a pretreatment system can allow large amounts of sediment and trash to clog the media and infiltration bed, thus decreasing the effectiveness and operating life of the system.
PRETX is a pretreatment system that is best used in locations with moderate to high trash and debris loads such as commercial areas and residential neighborhoods. They are constructed from pre-cast concrete, HDPE, and stainless steel, making them very resistant to winter weather and harsh chemicals. Additional benefits include the reduction of critical maintenance visits for biofiltration systems and the simplification of those visits. No special equipment is required to maintain the unit due to its accessible location.
Three PRETX models are available to ensure an appropriate match for your biofiltration system:
- PRETX Curb: Captures edge of pavement runoff at a curb cut in lieu of a stone spreader
- PRETX Drop: For use as a drop inlet configuration along a curb line and installed with a standard drop inlet grat
- PRETX Inline: Used for subsurface inlet and outlet pipes
- Beneficial for biofiltration systems, rain gardens, bioswales & more
- Multiple models available to fit your needs
- Maintenance is simple and utilizes standard vactor trucks
Get expert advice on our high-quality products.